Pre-owned, in beautiful condition. Call Berkeley for an audition!
AVALON ACOUSTICS ASCENDANT loudspeakers represent a true breakthrough in the development of moving-coil loudspeakers intended for accurate music reproduction. Upon initial listening, the immediacy and presence of a live performance becomes instantly apparent. The intent is to closely reproduce the original musical event, as opposed to creating a "spectacular" sonic character which can impress upon first listening, but fail to satisfy over a long period of time.
The ASCENDANT accomplishes this goal by providing the transparency and clarity which is lacking in many dynamic designs. Overall smoothness is achieved without depressing the high-frequency response, a technique used in some products. Low frequencies are rendered realistically and controlled, as opposed to a "larger than life" perspective, which can impress, but compromises definition and harmonic integrity.
This high level of performance is retained in virtually any listening situation. The ASCENDANT has been specifically designed to elicit the finest possible performance from any amplifier, tube or solid-state, due to its easy-to-drive nature. Similarly, interaction with the room has been minimized, allowing ease of placement in a wide variety of listening environments.
- Advanced light weight driver diaphragm materials minimize energy storage and time-domain distortion.
- Each driver individually tested and matched for optimum performance.
- Smooth, wide polar response for superlative imaging capabilities.
- Moderate impedance characteristic allows for ideal interface with any amplifier.
- Crossover circuitry is hard-wired with surface-only conductors, eliminating deleterious sonic effects of printed-circuit boards.
- Careful crossover control of all magnetic field interaction.
- Constrained-mode damping system absorbs cabinet vibrations.
- Three and one-quarter inch thick front panel supplies acoustically inert wave-launch platform.
- Acoustically-engineered grille assembly decreases edge diffraction effects.
- Distinctive faceted cabinet design provides optimal polar characteristics.